Junior Learn to Row (LTR)
Ready to learn about our favorite sport? We'll bring you up to speed so you can join our team -- even if you've never rowed before. Just choose a camp that fits your schedule, and register by clicking below. The Learn to Row Camp is a 2hour class. Fee is $60 (includes an MRC t-shirt).
Junior Learn To Row Camp VIII - Thursday, June 28, 2018 from 7.15 - 9.30 am
If you have completed 'Kids in the Boat' please get in contact with Sabine Johnson Programdirector@minneapolisrowing.org
Junior Team Detail
Schedule & Team Fees
MANDATORY Parent meeting: Sunday June 17, 2018 at noon, down at the boathouse.
- Team Fees are seasonal:
- Spring: March 19 - June 1, Monday - Friday 4.00 pm - 5.45 pm
- Summer: June 12 - August 17, Monday - Friday 7.15 am - 9.30 am
- Fall: August 22 - October 26, Monday - Friday 4.00 pm - 5.45 pm
- Have to be a member of MRC (Junior membership dues: $230, Novice Junior membership dues: $175, exclusively to those who have completed "Learn To Row" or "Kids In The Boat" with the Minneapolis Rowing Club.
- $450 Program fee for each season
- For our Novice Juniors the program fee includes a MRC racing tank
- Installment Plan:
We also offer an installment plan for an additional $15 that spreads the costs over 2 payments (please see details).
If you pay in full, your fees due the first week you begin attending sessions.
- Regatta and travel fees are additional.
- Refund Policy: There are no refunds after the season begins and there is no pro-rating of Team Fees.
- Limited scholarship funds available. To inquire contact Sabine Johnson, Programdirector@minneapolisrowing.org
Team Member Expectations
- Meet minimum standards for participation. Junior Team members are expected to make most practices. If an athlete needs to miss sessions on a regular basis, you must talk to the Junior Lead Coach before joining the team.
- Meet minimum volunteer expectations as MRC members.
- Keep financial status with MRC current by paying regatta (and other) fees promptly.
- Comply with MRC Policies and Code of Conduct.
- The Junior Team is a competition team and athletes are expected to attend most regattas. Additional regatta and travel fees will be assessed prior to each regatta.
2018 Regatta Schedule (must have PASSPORT)
May 19/20 Midwest Junior Championship, Bethel, Ohio
June 9/10 USRA Junior Nationals, Sacramento, CA
Jun. 16 Minneapolis Sprints, Minneapolis
Jun. 23 Thunder Bay Sprints, Thunder Bay, ON
Jul. 14 Duluth International Regatta, Duluth, MN
Jul. 28 Tops & Bottoms, Kenora, ON
Aug. 10/11 NWIRA Championships, Kenora, ON
Sept. 22 Head of the Red, Winnipeg ON
Sep. 29 Head of the Des Moines, Des Moines, IA
Oct. 6 Head of the Mississippi, Minneapolis, MN
Oct. 13 Row the Miss, Moline, IL
Oct. 14 Head of the Rock, Rockford, IL
Oct. 20/21 Head of the Charles, Boston, MA