Minneapolis Rowing Club Guest Rower Policy
UPDATED FOR 2022
The Minneapolis Rowing Club (MRC) welcomes guest rowers! A guest rower may row with MRC as a Visiting Rower or a Hosted Rower, as described below. A suggested donation of $15 (or more!) per session is greatly appreciated for guest rowers.
Visiting guest rowers are defined as members in good standing of a USRA-affiliated rowing club located more than 50 miles from MRC.
Visiting rowers are welcome to attend a team practice session with MRC. If a visiting guest cannot attend a practice, they could be a “hosted rower” (see below).
Please view the current 2022 Program Schedule. Contact our Club Administrator at ClubAdmin@minneapolisrowing.org to participate in a team practice session as a visiting rower.
Visiting rowers who intend to row for an extended period (more than a few days) should review options with the Club Administrator.
Hosted guest rowers are defined as rowers who (a) live within 50 miles of MRC, (b) are not a member of another club, or (c) are members of another club but cannot (or do not wish to) attend a practice as a visiting rower. An MRC member in good standing must act as a host. Each hosted guest rower is welcome to row at MRC 3 times per year.
The MRC host member vouches for the ability of the guest rower and takes full responsibility for that guest rower's actions and their consequences. The MRC host must ensure a waiver is completed and placed on the waiver clipboard or submitted online prior to rowing with the guest.
Requirements for all guest rowers - Visiting and Hosted
- All guest rowers must adhere to the MRC Code of Conduct (excluding dues)
- All guest rowers must follow all Safety Guidelines, including COVID-19 policy. We do require all guests rowers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Guest rowers may not bow a boat. Guests who wish to row a single scull may only do so under the supervision of an MRC coach, regardless of prior rowing experience. This may require the purchase of a private lesson.
- All guest rowers must sign a waiver through one of the following methods
- All guest rowers must be noted in iCrew:
The host member must make a boat reservation and put the guest’s name in the note field.