Juniors Learn To Row (LTR)
Ready to learn about our favorite sport? We'll bring you up to speed so you can join our team, even if you've never rowed before. Just choose a class that fits your schedule, and register by clicking below. The Learn to Row class is a 2.5 hour session. Cost is $80/$40 and includes a MRC t-shirt. Scholarships are also available.
Junior Learn To Row Summer 2023 Dates
These classes are for athletes interested in joining the Junior Team for the summer or fall seasons 2023 and have no prior rowing experience. There is no obligation to join the Junior Team upon completion of a Learn To Row class. Click the desired date to register.
Session I: Saturday, May 27, 11:00am-1:30pm
Session III: Wednesday, May 31, 5:30-8:00pm
Session IV: Saturday, June 3, 11:00am-1:30pm
Session V: Sunday, June 4, 11:00am-1:30pm
Session VI: Saturday, June 10, 3:30-6:00pm JUST ADDED!
MRC Junior Team
Schedule & Team Fees
In order to row with the MRC Junior Team, there are two separate fees. Club membership dues are paid annually. In addition to membership, there is a seasonal program fee due for each season a rower participates. The Junior Team has three rowing seasons, spring, summer, and fall. Program fees do not automatically renew as there is no obligation for continued participation.
Season program fees may either be paid in full or upon request, an installment plan option to pay over time may be established.
The program fee for all rowers is currently $475 per season with a sliding scale available. Junior rowers new to the program will also be assessed a one time uniform fee of $40. This ensures all team members have an official MRC racing tank. Additional optional MRC gear may be available for purchase as well.
Become a Member Here!
- MRC Juniors annual membership dues are $250
- Juniors Novice (first year, no prior rowing experience) membership dues are $195
Spring Season 2023: Thursday, March 16 - Friday, June 2 Register for Spring 2023
Practices Monday - Friday 4:00 - 6:00pm
Summer Season 2023: Tuesday, June 13 - Tuesday, August 22 Register for Summer 2023
Practices Monday - Friday 7:30 - 9:30am
Fall Season 2023: Monday, August 28 - Friday, October 27
Practices Monday - Friday 4:00-6:00pm
Once you become a MRC member, your confirmation email will include a registration link for iCrew. Please create an iCrew account. Junior Team members will use iCrew to indicate practice attendance and view workouts, line-ups, and equipment assignments.
Log on to iCrew
- Team program fees are seasonal
- Base program fee is $475 for each season
- Official MRC racing tanks which cost $40 will be the only uniform item required to compete at regattas
On an as needed basis, MRC will offers a program fee installment plan and a sliding scale - contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The program fee must be paid in full or the first payment of the installment plan must be made the first week of attending practices
- Regatta and travel fees are additional
- Refund Policy: There are generally no refunds after the season begins except for documented medical reasons.
Scholarship funds are available. For consideration, please complete the online Scholarship Application. Contact Jen Sowins with any questions.
Team Member Expectations
- Meet minimum standards for participation. Junior Team members are expected to make most practices. If an athlete needs to miss sessions on a regular basis, please consult the Junior Team Head Coach before joining the team.
- MRC is a volunteer led organization. Members, including Juniors, are expected to volunteer at boathouse work days, middle school rowing camps, and at regattas.
- Keep financial status with MRC current by paying regatta (and other) fees promptly.
- The Junior Team is a competition focused team and athletes are expected to attend most regattas. Additional regatta and travel fees will be assessed prior to each regatta.
2023 Junior Team Regatta Calendar TENTATIVE
Camp Randall Invitational, Madison, WI
Midwest Junior Rowing Championship, Bethel, OH
USRowing Youth National Championships, Sarasota, FL
Minneapolis Sprints, Lake Nokomis, Minneapolis, MN
Thunder Bay Sprints, Thunder Bay, ON
Duluth International Regatta, Duluth, MN
Tops and Bottoms, Kenora, ON
August 18-19 NWIRA Championship Regatta
, Kenora, ON
Pike Island Challenge St. Paul, MN
Head of the Des Moines, Des Moines, IA
Head of the Mississippi, Minneapolis, MN
Head of the Charles, Boston, MA