- All sessions run by professional, safety-certified coaches
- Organized rows with teammates
- Use of different team boats to learn various skills
- Ability to row the Mississippi Gorge - a true escape right in the middle of the city
- Sign up for practices in advance and attend.
- MRC is primarily a volunteer-run club. Please expect to contribute at least a few hours to help maintain grounds, volunteer during regattas, and or assist with docks out.
- Keep MRC financial account in good standing by paying program, regatta, and any other fees promptly
- Comply with MRC Policies and Code of Conduct.
Schedules and Team Fees
Practices begin the week of June 13, 2022. Of the four available practice times, Novice Team members may attend up to three practices total per week. You may pick and choose which practices to attend as your schedule permits. However, if you sign up, show up! MRC uses iCrew to handle all of our rowing sessions, boat reservations, line-up, attendances, etc. Once you register as a MRC member and join the Novice team, you'll be invited to join iCrew.
- Tuesdays 5:45-7:45 pm
- Thursdays 5:30-7:30 am
- Fridays 5:45-7:45 pm
- Saturdays 9:30-11:30 am
In the past, Novice Team members have had to the opportunity to compete at the following regattas. You are not required to race. Many Novice Team graduates will eventually go on to row with a non-racing, Recreational program. More information to come.
- Head of the Des Moines, Des Moines, IA (in 2022, held 9/24)
- Head of the Mississippi, Minneapolis, MN (always the first Saturday in October)
- North Star Challenge, Minneapolis, MN (typically the last Saturday in October)
Participation on the MRC Adult Novice Team requires payment of both MRC membership dues and team program fees.
Novice Team Registration
- MRC Adult Novice Membership dues: $215
- Novice Team Program Fees: $260
Joining the Novice Team is a multi-step process. We use this website, MRC/Club Express, to process payments, and we use another website, iCrew, to manage practice sign-ups.
There are two
steps to complete on the MRC/Club Express website:
1. Join MRC as an Adult Novice Member - your annual membership dues cover equipment and boathouse maintenance.
2. Register for the Adult Novice Team and pay your program fee - the team program fee specifically covers coaching.
Once you become a MRC Member, your confirmation email will include a registration link for iCrew. Please create an iCrew account. You will use iCrew to sign up for desired practices as well as volunteer opportunities and other club events.
Log on to iCrew
The Minneapolis Rowing Club is an organizational member of USRowing and as part of our organizational member requirements, all MRC members who participate in rowing activities must hold at least USRowing Basic membership. This includes accepting the USRowing online waiver and completing the Adult Athlete SafeSport Training. Members who work with Junior Team may have additional SafeSport requirements. To join or renew, go to http://membership.usrowing.org