MRC COVID-19 Response - Last updated: 8/9/2021
In accordance with guidance issued by the MN Department of Health and the Centers for Disease
Control, MRC recommends the following COVID risk reduction strategies to our members.
The Covid-19 Vaccination Status information in your iCrew Profile will be the source of information on your vaccination status.
All members are asked to fill out this information. If not provided, status will be treated as Not Vaccinated.
All members are encouraged to:
- Get vaccinated
- Take advantage of free COVID test kits available at the boathouse
- Wash hands and use hand sanitizer frequently
- Clean equipment and ergs with sanitizing wipes
- Follow MDH guidance on staying home if you are exposed to COVID or have COVID symptoms
- For ALL members, masks are required on the 2nd floor of the boathouse. Example: Erging, in locker rooms. An exception is masks are not required while showering.
Coaches will have access to the Covid-19 Vaccination Status in iCrew. Based on that information, during Team practices, unvaccinated members will, by default, row in singles. However, if a vaccinated team member(s) opts-in to row with their unvaccinated teammate, the coach will take that into consideration.
For the Adult Novice team and Adult Learn To Row sessions, all members must be vaccinated.
Independent rowing is at each member's own discretion. If you are not vaccinated and in a team boat, please let others, that may potentially row with you, know that you are not vaccinated so they can make an informed decision about being in a boat and wearing a mask, or asking you to wear a mask.
General membership expectations:
- Stay home if you feel sick or have a fever
- Ensure all rowing is logged in iCrew via reservations or within coached sessions
- Keep the boathouse clean: wipe down surfaces and pick up trash